Best Oregon Coast Pet-Friendly Hotel
In Cannon Beach
Bring your dog to The Wayside Inn, an Oregon Coast pet-friendly hotel in Cannon Beach. We accept all sizes of dogs and allow two dogs per room. We want all dogs to be comfortable at The Wayside Inn, so when you check-in, your dog will receive a basket to use during their stay. The basket includes two dog sheets, dog towels, two dog bowls, pooper scooper bags, and dog treats. Dogs are $20 per night. Dogs may not be left in the room unattended.
Pet-Friendly Hotel Expertise
Westover Inns has been a fixture in Cannon Beach, Oregon, since 1987, with The Wayside Inn becoming the second hotel in the area in 2011. With over three decades of experience, Westover Inns has established itself as a trusted name in the Cannon Beach hospitality industry. Their hotels offer stunning ocean views, easy beach access, and a range of amenities that cater to both couples and families. Moreover, Westover Inns is renowned for its exceptional pet-friendly accommodations.
Hotel Doggie Tips & Rules
(Or The Oregon Coast Pet-Friendly Hotel Experience!)
We want all pets to be safe at the hotel and in Cannon Beach, so here are some tips and rules that Toby, a loyal dog guest of the hotel, wants to let you know about…
- Have fun exploring the city of Cannon Beach, but when going to town, don’t forget your leash. Cannon Beach beaches are the best because pets are allowed on the sand as long as they are on a leash or under voice control. It is your owner’s responsibility to ensure that you are physically controlled.
- Remember, don’t drink the seawater or eat any creepy crawlies.
- Please ask your people to keep you on a leash while at the hotel. You might bump into some other pets. And our pet area on the east side of the building is close to the street.
- We don’t want you to be nervous or scared, so ask your people not to leave you alone in the room. If they decide to try this, please tell them to leave you in a crate (we have one you can borrow) and make sure my friends down at the desk have your peeps cell phone number.
- I know you get excited; I do too, but please don’t bark while you are here…sometimes this causes problems for other guests, and your people will be responsible for any money it costs if the front desk gets complaints about your barking.
- We have a special doggie area where you can do your business. It is the area on the east side of the parking lot and the side of the building. Please do not use the ocean-side grassy area near the decks for bathroom breaks.
- If you are lucky enough to get to hang out on the furniture, please make sure your people cover the beds and chairs with the sheets we have just for you. Sometimes when you get back from the beach, you’re wet and sandy, so please use the towels provided to dry off.
- I know you get bored sometimes. I do too, but please, please don’t chew up this room. We want it to be nice for the next family that comes here. And we don’t want your people to have to pay for what you chew up or scratch.
- If you have an accident in the room, please have your people clean it up as much as possible with toilet paper and paper towels. Then call the hotel people right away. They will come to your room and use their special cleaning product to eliminate any stains and odors.
- We have great State Parks in Cannon Beach, and most allow pets on trails. Ecola State Park and Oswald West State Park allow dogs on a leash (maximum 6 feet long) or in a vehicle or a tent.
- Cannon Beach is a very pet-friendly town. As a result of serving guests with pets for many years, Westover Inns has gained extensive knowledge about the services in the community that would be appropriate for pet owners. When you arrive at the hotel, you’ll receive a list of dog-friendly restaurants, pet shops, and pet hospitals curated by Westover Inns’ knowledgeable staff.
With Westover Inns, you can rest assured that your furry friend will have a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Cannon Beach.